ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
Leeds City College is one of the largest providers of English language and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) in the UK. The department has one of the highest Achievement rate in the UK.
What We Do
- Validate as a grade 1 Outstanding department.
- Awarded the 2017 Pearson Award for FE team of the year.
Grades: 1. Outstanding; 2. Good; 3. Requires Improvement; 4. Inadequate
- The effectiveness of leadership and management – grade 1
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment – grade 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – grade 1
- Outcome for learners – grade 1
- 16-19 Study Programmes – grade 1
- 19+ Learning Programmes – grade 1
Overall effectiveness – grade 1
We help 3000 learners each year to develop their language skills and gain qualifications. With sixty highly qualified teachers we offer specialized courses for every level and every age.
- School placement for 14-15 year old children
- Full-time courses for 14- 18 years old students
- Part-time courses for 19 & above
Don’t worry if you think your level is too low. Friendly teachers will work on all your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills to help you improve
Levels We Offer
We provide long and short courses in English language, numeracy, literacy and IT at all levels: With qualifications in GCSE, ESOL Trinity, ESOL City & Guilds, Functional Skills, Employability and ITQ.
All our second language programmes are mapped to the national Core Curriculum: See our ESOL Schemes of Work below to understand what you will learn each week. These include English grammar, vocabulary and topics so that each week you learn something new.
- Beginners (lower)
- Beginners (higher)
- Entry 1
- Entry 2
- Entry 3
- Level 1
- Level 2